Thursday 4 August 2011

Photos, Motorbikes, Bars and Tattoos.

So, as anyone who reads any of my blog or has me as a friend on Facebook will know, I have a motorbike and live in Pokhara now, which has lead to me regularly visiting the Coolest Bar in Pokhara, A.K.A. Bullet Basecamp, where I bought my bike from.

Hanging round in there I meet some amazing people, recently I met Sam and Ashlan, a Kiwi/Canadia couple currently traveling in Nepal. We somehow got onto a talk about Tattoos, which is when they showed me theirs, I asked them there and then if I could photograph them before they left Pokhara. They were very eager.

A few days later I met Ravi from pokharacity.com, we got talking about photography and he offered me the use of his studio- I knew strait away who I wanted to photograph.

I'm really pleased with the results and just wanted to share them with my blog readers.

So, here are Sam and Ashlan photographed by me at the pokharacity.com studio:

Sam & Ashlan

Sam & Ashlan

Sam & Ashlan

Sam

Sam

And for anyone frustratedly racking their brains trying to work out where they've seen Ashlan's tattoos before, one is a mirror image of this painting by Salvador Dali:


And the other is this painting by Salvador Dali but with the background replaced with a mountain range near her home in Canada:



No prises for guessing Ashlan's favourite artist.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, It's Tyler West from The Gateway Academy, you've been up to so much! It seems like yesterday you were tellling your geography class that you were leaving!
    We're in year 11 now, it's gone so fast...
    We had our first exam in June on Dynamic Planet.. and i got a B!
    Hope your doing well, it'd be cool if you could visit some day before we leave :)

    ReplyDelete

Before you comment, remember; my parents, close friends, current and past employers and colleages and other respectable people read this blog. Please keep it appropriate yeah.

Thank you :)